According to the National Institute of Statistics (INE) in Spain
, the value of the real estate market
has increased in the last years. Investors who are considering opening a company in Spain
in the real estate sector
should know that this industry continued its growth in the first five months of 2018
, increasing by 13%
compared to the same period of the previous year. Our team of specialists in company registration in Spain
can advise on how to set up a business
in this sector.
Types of real estate agencies in Spain
Prior to starting the procedure of company formation in Spain
, investors who want to set up a real estate business
should consider the types of activities
that they want to provide to buyers
– local or foreigners, and the type of real estate agency
they want to start. Amongst the types of real estate agencies
that operate in Spain
are the following:
- • local company incorporated following the standard registration requirements, which will employ real estate agents who are authorized by the local institutions;
- • foreign owned real estate agency, where the investors will typically hire local real estate agents who are familiar with the legislation in the country in which a person wants to purchase a property;
- • real estate agency that is part of a real estate network – this is of help when, for example, a local real estate agency has a client who wants to purchase a specific type of property that is not listed with the company, but which can address the request to a partner agency that has real estate properties similar with the ones wanted by the client;
- • corredores – a type of real estate service that is delivered in the rural regions of the country, with the assistance of a local broker.
Why invest in the real estate sector in Spain?
Our team of consultants in company registration in Spain
can offer assistance when investing in this industry, but it is important to find out that the market expanded for both mid-market properties
as well as for prime real estate properties
. In the first case, the market expanded by 29% in 2017
(compared to the previous year), while in the latter- which is represented by properties with a value above EUR 900,000
, increased by 34%
At the same time, 2017
represents the year in which the number of sold properties
reached the level recorded in 2008, prior to the beginning of the financial crisis. Businessmen are invited to contact our team of representatives in company formation in Spain
, who can offer in-depth information regarding the legislation addressed to this sector.